Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bureaucracy

Dear everyone,

Yesterday I was...kind of productive?

I went for a walk because *shock horror* the sun was out and the wind was only lightly breezy. On my walk I went and got some drawing pins for my pin board. So now I can pin things up til my heart is content, yay!

On my way I posted some mail.. :)

Then I went to uni (werd how I went on a day I didn't need to, yes) to sort out one of my subject books.
I went into the book store and saw that the problem still existed. What was this problem you ask?
One of my subjects required three books (ergh!). However, I noticed on the course outline two of them were the ones the bookstore said we needed and then there was this other bok that wasn't there.

Of course I bought my books before classes so I would be prepared and so they wouldn't sell out. Except now I had one book that I didn't even need and it was a $120 worth!
Basically the people working at the book store were super rude and it made me quite angry!
DISNEY SERVICE people. NOT good enough. I keep judging everyone by those stndards. Which isn't really fair since they haven't been exposed to them but still, a simple smile would make me happier. Pls you could act like I wasn'ta problem to you.

I did get my refund on that book. So that was good. :P Extra $120 is always nice. ...and the book I was meant to have I just got out from the library so maybe that will suffice for now.

Dinner was pizza (you go half a pizza!!!) last night! That made me happy because I had wanted pizza the night before and now got to have it, yay! It was pretty nice too, especially since it was home-made!

I could have gone to the salsadrome last night but I ended up staying at 'home' studying. Manly because I didn't want to go there and back by myself at night... Not so safe sounding....

A family friend bought over some more of my things today. I have WARM duvets and pillows etc now which is AWESOME. Even got a WORKING heater! Woo! Now my room will be like a haven. :P hehe

Just got to talk to my mummy. :D Yay!
Organising end of year plans for travel (Thailand and Aussie) at the moment.

The other day I looked into exchange programmes too, like to study in Europe or something for a trimester. ....but I figure it would probably be easier to wait till after my degree (1.5years doens't seem long but with this COLD it seems like an eternity) so that way I could just TRAVEL and not study there (with occassional travel where it could be afforded..). Maybe I could even work somewhere else in the world again? I would like that. :)

Right going to do study and then something fun (which I am yet to think of)...
Will see HP soonish...

Miss all my USA friends <3
xx

p.s - the name of this blog is to do with one of my papers. Basically, I think Disney has helped me to see how Bureaucracy plays out. Like, the book I am reading basically states how service in big corporations have diminished and people are not treated the best. But I am ver glad that at least Disney has kept its service standards up. :)
I WILL provide good service even if the people around me don't. I really don't care, I want to ensure that the customrs are treated the way I would like to be. :)

1 comment:

  1. Lol, that's rare for Wgtn to only have a light breeze :P

    Oooh, mail! :D

    An extra $120 is always good :)

    Getting the book out of the library is good, but it depends how long you can have it out for - popular books at UC are usually only on 3 hour loans :/

    I haven't had homemade pizza for a long time. Maybe I should make that for tea on Wednesday...

    Yay! I'm glad you've got all your bedding now, and not just a sleeping bag etc lol :P It's good that you can be warm now :) Have you gotten over your cold yet?

    Haha, glad you finally got hold of your mum :) How was she?

    Travel by itself would certainly be more fun, but working/studying would be just as satisfying I think. It would be similar to living in NZ, except with added experience of being in another country.

    Ttyl

    ~Richard :)

    ReplyDelete